Construction waste management is a vital aspect of modern construction work, with construction being one of the largest waste producing industries. Landfilling construction materials means that apart from not being used for further use, it is very harmful to the environment. As more and more companies go green, the construction industry must follow suit.
The great news is that opportunities to minimize construction waste exist at all stages of your project. The key is to minimize the amount of waste produced and reuse or reuse as much of it as possible. In this blog post we look at some tips to minimize construction waste.
How to minimize and manage construction waste
Ordering and obtaining materials
- Order the correct amount of material
- Schedule deliveries as needed to minimize on-site storage time
- Please check dimensions before ordering materials/components
- Check all goods inside with collected material
- Use prefabricated materials and components where possible
Storage and use of materials
- Store materials to protect from weather and potential damage
- Confirm measurements before cutting or making
- Use recycled aggregate for concrete
- Use recycled steel for reinforcement
- Return unused materials to the supplier as soon as possible – do not let them sit around
- Choose low-waste packaging, e.g. gufero in sausages, rather than tubes
- Reuse of off-cuts, e.g. off-cuts, wood
- Use hard waste, such as concrete pavers, as filler for paved areas
- Do not forget to wash liquid waste, such as plaster and paint
Before starting construction
- Make sure all subcontractors are aware of your recycling policies and requirements
Minimize construction waste with Local Skip Bins Hire
The popularity of sustainable construction practices is growing, and a proper construction waste management plan is essential for this. It will benefit not only your company, but also the environment. At Local Skip Bins Hire we can help you manage your construction waste with our environmentally responsible containers and disposal services. Contact us today for reliable container rental.